Christmas with the England's

Each year for Christmas, my family does a 'homemade' gift exchange. It's a lot of fun, but it can also be a challenge. The gift must be gender neutral, which usually isn't a problem. The issue is that I am from a family of builders and construction workers, so I have to compete with my uncles making mailboxes, bird houses, shelves and other such awesome gifts! So I put my brain to work (with the help of pinterest!) We all share a common interest of the outdoors and everyone has the same last name, as Grandma had 6 boys and I am the only married girl grandchild. So this is what I came up with...


This is not the 'Final' picture as I forgot to take one! The only major change was that I trimmed the tafata even with the top of the E. It was easy and simple and I thought it looked good. Well my family loved it and I got many compliments! My Grandma was the one who ended up with it and it was hanging on her door the next day! :)

Here is what I used:

Wreath $5.99 from Hobby Lobby
Letter E $2.49 from Hobby Lobby
Tafata $2.99 from Wal-Mart (Did not use it all)
Red Spray Paint $1 from Wal-Mart
Hot Glue
Deer Antler (Found mine in the woods!)

I think the rest is self explanatory :)
I sprayed painted the E and hot glued it in the center. I then arranged the tafata bow and antler and hot glued into place. Trim the tafata bow and there you have it! My wreath came with a 'built in' hanger to hang it, otherwise you might need something to do this if your wreath does not have one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bottle Cap Coasters

Nesting Boxes

Glitter Chip Clips